6 Movements Fitness Studio is hiring.
6 Movements is a new kind of fitness studio, changing the way people work out. Located in vibrant Edmonds WA, 6 Movements specializes in small group, low impact, variable intensity functional fitness. The studio is engineered to blend human-powered movement with helpful technologies, including an ANT+ Heart Rate Telemetry system, large display screens, online workout and performance data system, and a client login portal for PR tracking and class reservations. Other amenities include a self-serve canteen, awesome sound system and all new equipment including pullup rig, rings, stallbars, barbells/bumpers, sled, battle rope, landmine, wallballs/targets, barres, pylo boxes, kettlebells, TRX straps, Concept2 rowers and SkiErg.
We are building a team of high energy, client focused, instructors including independent contractors and part-time employees. If you would like to get in on the ground floor of a great new fitness venue — submit your resume and salary expectations to: email@example.com
- At least one year’s experience teaching, one or more of the following types of classes:
- Foundations – Introduction to indoor rowing, TRX, kettlebells and movement skills at moderate intensity, preparing clients for more advanced/intense training.
- Endurance – HIIT & Circuits using Concept2 Rowers, SkiErg, various functional equipment’s and bodyweight exercises.
- Basic Strength – Kettlebell lifts (hard style & sport) and TRX straps.
- Advanced Strength – Advanced Kettlebell lifts/complexes and KB Sport techniques.
- Mobility – locomotion exercises, facia relief/rolling and static stretches.
- Yoga, Barre, other types of classes that can utilize rubber flooring, barres, mirrored walls, dimmable lighting.
- Certified PT/GrpX with nationally accredited organization.
- Certified in specialty you will be instructing (for example Yoga, Kettlebells).
- Current CPR and AED Certificate. Prefer also First Aid.
- Possess good understanding of Heart Rate Threshold and Zone training methods.
- Can identify human anatomy and tie this to training purpose.
- Can demonstrate movements, including progressions and regressions.
- Can demonstrate safe, mindful stretching and fascia relief.
- Possess high empathy and patience for clients new to modalities or fitness in general, insecure or fearful of fitness, may have low confidence or be poorly conditioned, with arthritis, artificial joints, chronic diseases or have far more years of life and wear and tear on their bodies than the instructor.
- Understands and is committed to body positive training.
- Willing to coach low-impact methods – no running, jumping, plyometric or kipping movements.
Desired (or working on, is willing to obtain)
- Rowing Instructor Certification
- TRX certificates
- Kettlebell Certification (Hardstyle or Sport)
- Designs, programs and leads classes consisting of 12 or fewer students.
- Arrives 15 minutes before and stays 15 minutes’ after class to setup and interact with participants.
- Performs routine equipment maintenance and maintains a clean, neat, safe studio environment.
- Conducts fitness assessments, skills proficiency tests and may provide personal training.
- Available for meetings and periodic weekend workshops and events.
- Assists with management of social media, studio communications and other office duties.
- Available on-call periodically as backup trainer
Submit your resume and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org